Confidio is a technology-enabled pharmacy benefits consulting firm. We optimize the value of pharmacy benefits through transparency, accountability and advanced data analytics paired with deep insider expertise. Our company’s culture is centered on building a trusting relationship with our customers and consistently delivering impeccable, results-driven service. Our team works hard – and smart – in a collaborative, supportive environment.
Because of our success in serving clients, we are rapidly growing. Some of our positions are located in-house at our corporate headquarters in suburban Baltimore, Maryland, while others function from satellite locations throughout the U.S. In every instance, our team is interconnected in ways that support individual success and team achievement. We hold all-hands meetings, educational workshops, social time and team-building activities on a regularly scheduled basis throughout the year.
In addition to providing an employee compensation package that includes market-leading salary, benefits, financial incentives and career advancement opportunities, Confidio offers paid time off for personal leave, sick leave, federal and religious holidays, employee birthdays and Confidio founding day. Confidio is also very committed to corporate responsibility and community engagement, so we provide every employee the opportunity to perform individual and team service work, with pay, for community-based non-profit organizations.
Currently, we have the following openings:
The Account Executive is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and benefit advisors while overseeing and managing the long-term strategy for our clients. The Account Executive is required to have an in-depth understanding of operational and strategic pharmacy management.
- Create project plans for assigned new and existing clients
- Monitor progress to deadlines, implementation and successful execution of new clients
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication among team members, the client and their advisors, and the PBM
- Provide support to resolve benefit escalated questions and service issues
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of deliverables and outcomes
- Support the pharmacy practice on internal marketing or intellectual capital initiatives
- Assist in performing pharmacy audits and the development and presentation of contract compliance reports
- Provide consulting to clients and benefit advisors
- Maintain a solid understanding of the PBM market
- Special Projects as assigned
- Manage quarterly client reviews, as well as benefit plan year and stop-loss renewals
- Oversee contracting process for new and renewing clients
- Establish and lead internal meetings to ensure collaboration and attention to detail to meet expected timelines and quality standards
- Lead client centric team meetings to review the PBM’s operational performance against client’s expectations and needs
- Review performance metrics to clients on a regular basis to show specific performance measures in comparison with benchmarks
- Maintain clinical documentation and administrative paperwork according to account expectation and program standards
- Retrieve, analyze, and communicate data relative to the pharmacy benefit
- 2-5 years of professional work experience in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Excellent computer skills are essential
- Experience working within or managing complex benefits and implementations
- Well-organized and responsible with strong attention to detail
- Expert interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and think critically
- Highly competent problem solver
The Principal Advisor will serve as primary and lead consultant on strategic clients with a focus on national and regional consulting clients. This role will lead and cultivate multi-level client relationships with senior executives, HR or pharmacy department leadership and personnel, sales and product leads, clinical management and others which enables Confidio to partner with clients to create, communicate and implement pharmacy strategy within the context of the overall healthcare strategy. The Principal Advisor will identify business needs and create custom solutions for clients which include overall pharmacy benefit and medical management initiatives to address the overall goals and objectives of the client. This role will lead vendor (PBM) strategies that will include procurement efforts, contract negotiation, audit and ongoing vendor management; provide industry expertise and insight related to cost and trend management opportunities.
- Leads team of Consultants, Account Executives and Account Managers
- Provides strategic leadership driving informed decisions and clinical direction
- Accountable for client relationship success
- Partners with other industry leaders to ensure market leading PBM contracts and service
- Identify and maintain appropriate multi-level client relationships and a deep understanding of client business and corporate culture resulting in high client satisfaction and retention rates.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship and implement customized strategic plans based on unique client needs to achieve targeted long- and short-term goals.
- Track and measure vendor contract performance including operational and financial measures.
- Lead and participate in ongoing client meetings including vendor review meetings and Independent strategy and performance assessment meetings
- Identify opportunities to engage internal Confidio experts on custom projects and analyses.
- Review pharmacy program indicators for ongoing opportunities and program performance measures.
- Maintain ongoing reports and documentation related to client relationship and program performance.
- Responsible for renewal of client relationship and creating strategy, scope of services and appropriate fee structure to match client needs.
Program and Business Development
- Assess opportunity for expanding Confidio services within existing client relationship.
- Generate revenue by participating in sales process with prospective clients.
- Leverage client relationship for Confidio prospecting efforts by creating developing client reference.
- Participation in conferences and other forums for showcasing program experience and success.
- Participate in internal workgroups to develop new programs, services, corporate positions and publications based on the continual assessment of client and market needs.
- Provide oversight, guidance and serve as an advocate for the client to ensure vendor requirements are being met and service levels are adequate throughout vendor implementation.
- Identify issues and concerns for appropriate escalation and resolution to ensure successful transition.
RFP Process Management
- Lead the development and management of the RFP process for clients including; RFP creation, management, distribution, vendor selection meetings and contract execution (in conjunction with internal RFP coordinator and team members).
Contract Review and Execution
- Lead the review process for new and renewing vendor contracts through final execution to ensure current terms, definitions and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Lead the creation and renewal of Confidio client agreements to create appropriate scope of services and fee structure.
- Lead, mentor, develop and coach team staff
- Accountable for performance management of team staff
- Ensure employee engagement and commitment to the organization and its goals
- Extensive knowledge of PBM, specialty pharmacy or managed care environments (5-8 years minimum experience).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and client relationship management experience.
- Ability to develop strategies and implement programs for client prescription drug programs
- Strong clinical and financial analysis skills including: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Independent critical thinking
- Pharmacy background with bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Business development experience preferred