Confidio is a technology-enabled pharmacy benefits consulting firm. We optimize the way Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) work on behalf of our clients and maximize value of pharmacy benefits through transparency, accountability and advanced data analytics paired with deep insider expertise. We help minimize drug spend while maximizing patient outcomes and satisfaction. Our reliable solutions are performance-based, results-driven and continuously validated. Confidio offers a full suite of pharmacy benefit procurement, consulting, audit and analytic services aimed at optimizing our clients’ pharmacy benefit, significantly lowering costs and producing a tangible return on investment.
Confidio is rapidly growing and looking to expand our team once again. We are looking to fill a full-time Data Analytics Consultant position.
Data Analytics Consultant
The Data Analytics Consultant is a remote, work from home position and is responsible for oversight of sales’ prospect analytical initiatives, secure file transmission monitoring/maintenance and supporting internal and external clients through planned strategic and ad hoc analyses of pharmacy claims data. This position provides mentorship and training to the reporting Data Analyst position(s), monitors and verifies client data, serves as data liaison to PBM partners and utilizes analytic tools for the purpose of pharmacy benefit plan performance, contract performance validation, Request for Proposal (RFPs) forecast analysis, key initiatives and auditing. This position works with various individuals within the organization including the executive team, data architecture, sales, principal advisors and account management team members in developing and executing analytic deliverables.
- Train and mentor reporting roles in the area of sales prospect pharmacy claims reprice and savings analysis generation
- Maintain and improve reporting tools relative to industry evolution
- Conduct peer reviews and SAS code assessments, maintenance and improvements
- Serve as point of contact for PBM partners during new client data transmission implementation and/or inquiry
- Monitor and maintain recurring client data feeds via an SFTP; identify and resolve missing data, data anomalies or errors; partner with PBM or third-party data shepherds to resolve
- Analyze detailed claims data from internal claims processing system and external sources; maintain familiarity of various layout formats
- Develop analytical methods to optimize contract profitability
- Commit to ensure compliance of contract terms by utilizing SQL and SAS to validate client’s plan performance
- Advocate to PBM on behalf of client in situations of potential contract breach and/or plan under performance by PBM
- Complete forecast analyses via RFPs to include financial discovery, comparative analysis and formulary/network disruption impact
- Articulate analytic results, assumptions and logic to internal and external stakeholders
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities through analysis as needed
- Adhering to Confidio’s Information Security Management System as well as all other company policies
- 5+ years’ experience in an Employee Benefits and/or Pharmacy Benefit Management analytical role/environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in finance, accounting, economics, actuarial sciences or related field
- Extensive knowledge and use of PC based software programs to include but not limited to: SAS or SAS clone (such as WPS), Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, pivot tables, V & H lookups; Macro knowledge is a plus), SQL Server Management Studio, UltraEdit, etc
- Moderate to expert skill level in the function and manipulation of SQL and SAS languages
- Experience and comfortability working in advanced financial spreadsheets
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to research and resolve data anomalies and financial conflicts
- Ability to think critically; recognize and apply (and/or adjust) precedence to future situations
- Expert verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly convey results, methodology, assumptions etc
*Confidio, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.