2018 Q3 PIPELINE AT A GLANCE
- Epidiolex (cannabidiol) – Treats severe, early-onset, treatment-resistant epilepsy syndromes.
- Retacrit (epoetin alfa-epbx) – Biosimilar to Epogen/Procrit (epoetin alfa) to treat anemia caused by chemotherapy,kidney disease anemia, and HIV medication (AZT).
- Lucemyra (lofexidine hydrochloride) – Approved under the Priority Review process. Used to reduce the severity of opiate withdrawal symptoms in adults.
- Tavalisse (fostamatinib disodium) – New 2nd line medication for chronic thrombocytopenia blood disorder (platelet disorder) where limited effective treatment options exist.
- Aimovig (erenumab-aooe) – A new biologic indicated for the preventive treatment of migraine headaches in adults.
- Plenvu – A low volume bowel prep indicated for cleansing of the colon prior to a colonoscopy.
- Olumiant (baricitinib) – Treatment of moderate to severe RA with an inadequate response to one or more tissuenecrosis factors (Enbrel®, Humira®, Simponi®, Cimzia®, Remicade®).
Anticipated FDA Approvals
- Ibalizumab – Biweekly biologic injectable treatment for multidrug resistant HIV.
- Translarna (ataluren) – First-in-class oral indicated to treat the underlying cause of Duchenne muscular dystrophy,Previous new treatments targeted the speci c nerve dysfunction.
- Inotersen – Under Priority Review. Prevention of hereditary TTR Amyloidosis. Currently no or limited effective treatment options.
Anticipated Biosimilars FDA Review
- Biosimilar to Rituxan® (rituximab) for treatment of cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and polyangiitis.
- Biosimilar to Herceptin® (trastuzumab) for treatment of HER2 adjuvant breast cancer, metastatic breast cancer, and metastatic gastric cancer.